At Allsop, you’ll enjoy working for a family-owned company that produces products with a global reach.
Product Manager I
Under minimal supervision, responsible for directing the product development activities for new and existing products to bring best value to the consumer and meet the company’s financial objectives. Manages the life cycle of product development from idea to execution to finished good in warehouse. Strategically focused on a 6-24-month product planning cycle.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and support new and existing product strategies through market research, store shops, tradeshow trend research, and online research. Study and share market analysis reports.
- Coordinate the development of products and packaging using internal resources, including Engineering, Purchasing, Production, Graphics, Sales and Marketing. Conduct brainstorm sessions and follow-up meetings to track development progress. Participate in customer-specific product development meetings.
- Plan and conduct weekly Brand Review Team meetings with Sales, Product Development, Marketing, and Executive representatives.
- Create product specifications and requests for quote.
- Coordinate new product development and introduction through to phase-out of products. Includes evaluation and on-going maintenance of existing products. Change orders, updates to packaging, and relaying instructions to internal teams and vendors.
- Source product and product components from vendors all over the world.
- Communicate with vendors regarding new products and product revisions. Identify potential vendors and maintain good relationships with existing vendors.
- Determine product costing and assists with product scheduling. Generate and maintain a cost sheet per project, editing as quotes are finalized. File quotes onto server for easy reference.
- Approve product conformance to objectives and release to production. Coordinate testing for California Prop. 65 compliance, ROHS, and other environmental and safety standards.
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed and approved prior to commencing each phase of the project. When a production decision is made, this includes cost sheet, carton markings, inspection criteria, bar codes, and golden sample sign-off.
- Ensure that all action items are assigned to respective departments and that schedule is being achieved. Ensures that delivery delays are communicated to sales department.
- Monitor and suggest improvements to the product development procedure.
- Maintain records, lists, and schedules on all assigned projects.
- In conjunction with Accounting and Marketing, create annual report with overview of sales by model and customer to aid in product development and market-focus decisions. Present findings to Product Development team and a condensed version for company-wide distribution. Periodically inform all employees of Product Development work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- College degree in business or related technical field and/or equivalent product management experience. Prefer two or more years of experience.
- Must develop good product knowledge of all company products. Familiarity with the computer accessories category, consumer electronics products or home furnishing décor and/or accessories industry preferred.
- Computer proficiency required in Windows-based applications: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Adobe Creative Suite knowledge a plus
- Familiarity and experience working with retail and business market channels such as mass- market merchant, superstore, educational, military, direct or web-based marketing.
- Familiarity and experience with package design process. Have participated in the process of creation and evaluation of package design.
- Must be multi-task oriented, independent in work style, organized, be able to work in a high stress environment, provide excellent internal and external communication and follow-up. Must also be capable of analyzing situations, be self-directed and know how to progress in any particular situation.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with co-workers and outside contacts. Extensive interface with other departments necessary.
- Possible travel to accounts, trade shows and/or for review of product manufacturing.
- Position requires sitting at a desk 70-80% of the day and walking and standing 20-30% of the day to perform the necessary job functions.
- Repetitive motion involved with usage of the computer keyboard. Affected areas are the hands, wrists, arms, shoulders, and neck areas. Job requires constant use of a computer for performance of assigned job tasks. Proper posture and correct body ergonomics are necessary to decrease stress to the affected areas.
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds.
Inside the company, the environment is a normal office environment with little exposure to dust, temperature or noise. Outside the company, environments will vary to location, but exposed to a very minimal amount of discomfort.
TO APPLY: Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com